Monday, February 4, 2013

Sunday Funday. Eat like a CHAMP.

The Super Bowl was full of friends and fun and a whole lotta EATS. I recreated some old favorites and thought I'd share.Vegan Caesar. I love my moms vegan caesar, but she was in NYC for the weekend with my dad and she didn't have the recipe with her, so I recreated one of my own!

Cammie's Caesar Salad (gluten free)
Yields 1 1/2 cups of dressing
1/2 cup almonds ( I soaked raw almonds over night)
2 cups water
1/3 lemon juice
4 Tbs nutritional yeast
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 Tsp + 1 tsp mustard (I made this kind, but any spicy mustard works)
1 clove garlic
1/2 tsp xanthan gum 
2 heads romaine, wash and chop romaine

Blend together almonds, water, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, salt, mustard, and garlic in a Vitamix blender (food processor would work too). Once you have obtained the flavor you desire, add the xanthan gum to thicken the mixture. I like using xanthan gum because it yields much more dressing with less fat, but if you don't want to use it, you could probably omit most of the water and play around with the amounts. Wash, chop, and dry the romaine. Add 4 ounces of dressing to the romaine, this serves about four people.

I also made Spicy Cauliflower Buffalo "Wings" (gluten freecourtesy of this recipe 
I used Tabasco Buffalo Sauce, brown rice flour and coconut oil for my batter. They were so good, but heads up they were supah spicy!
                                            


I used some extra caesar as dipping sauce.

and no night is complete without some Vegan Homemade Ice Cream topped with my Chocolate Almond Cookie (gluten free) version of THIS recipe...did I mention its so healthy you could eat it for breakfast? I'll be sure to post the recipe soon.

And for the best part...I made a Buffalo Cauliflower Salad with the leftovers.
I don't mind leftovers like this, more please.

I wish my Super Bowl was more of a party, but after a crazy Friday night visiting my friend for her birthday I was pretty boozed out for the weekend. So Ill leave you with some eye candy at Total Wine...

Great Gluten Free beer selection.
                                             





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love below.