Friday, May 3, 2013

Autoimmune Paleo Protocal Day 1

This post from Mickey over at her website explains the whole Autoimmune Pale Protocol. It's basically a version of the Paleo Diet (no grains, legumes, processed sugars and oils, and dairy), but it's modified to remove ALL gut irritants. Ommitting coffee, nighshades, alcohol, nuts, seeds, NSAIDs, and eggs helps to further heal people with autoimmune disorders who often have more damage in the lining of their gut. I will be doing this for at least 30 days, but I will not be including any fruit and very limited starchy vegetables. This is because I need to starve the bad bacteria and h. pylori in my gut. I do believe I will need some carbohydrates for brain functioning purposes, but I am making an effort to keep it to a minimum for now.

I started my morning off with a lovely green juice (cucumber, celery, cabbage, lemon, dandelion greens, parsley, one carrott, and cilantro).


Great cookbook: The Fresh Energy Kitchen by Natalia Rose and Doris Choi


 Happy pigs Bacon-organic pasture raised.
I set the oven to 400 degrees and placed the bacon in the oven for 25-30 minutes until it was crispy. It was delicious.
I could not remember the last time I ate bacon.
      I cooked a side of brussel sprouts, garlic, green beans, and kale.

I also enjoyed a cup of vegetable broth-it's comforting to sip on. Unpictured.

            











                                                                I had my final college exam today! Yay. I made a quick blended pudding before my exam that consisted of 1 zucchini, 1/2 avocado, coconut butter, a sprinkle of stevia (I'm slowly cutting it out), and cinnamon.

         I had plantains as an afternoon snack as I have some I need to get rid of and this salad.
                         
I also went out to dinner with my boyfriend and I had trout with some cauliflower. I know the sauce probably had some kind of vinegar that is not allowed on the AIP, but it was my first day so I'm not stressing about it.


These are the supplements I will be taking.
  • Armour Thyroid, unpictured
  • Xifaxan (and antibiotic to kill my SIBO), unpictured
  • Garden Of LifePrimal Defense Probiotics, unpictured
  • Mutlithera Multi Vitamin
  • Magnesium Calm
  • UltraImmune IgG (help heal my gut lining)
  • Vitamin D 
  • Estrofactors (to balance my hormones)
  • DIM (to help balance my hormones by binding to excess estrogen)
  • Alginate Plus (to detox heavy metals)
  • Diatomaceous Earth (to help get rid of parasite and yeast-do not take within 2 hours of probiotics)
  • HCI with Pepsin (To help with my low stomach acid and digestion)
  • Apple Cider Vinegar (helps to kill yeast-do not take within 2 hours of probiotics)
        I haven't had any alcohol in a week, coffee in 5 days, and have been eating low carbohydrates all week to ease into this transition. I can already feel that my moods have been much more stable, which is a major reason why I decided to do this in the first place. My moods have been very unstable the last couple of months and I'm excited to see how this changes. I'm hoping this diet won't be terribly hard for me because I already had a pretty strict diet before, but letting go of the emotional attachment of food will be the hardest. Bye bye vices (coffee and alcohol). I also want to address the fact that my blog is moving in a totally new direction, but so is my life! I graduate in less than a week and I want to live a happy and healthy life. So for the time being this blog will be Health, Happiness and a little bit of Booze Kombucha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love below.