Sunday, May 5, 2013

Autoimmune Paleo Protocol day 3: Chris P. Bacon--Pig on wheels!!!

Happy Cinco de Mayo! 

This is one of my favorite holidays and I'm pretty bummed I couldn't go out and get tipsy this year, but I had a pretty awesome day regardless. It was an absolutely beautiful day with 70 degree weather and perfect blue skies. Matt had been asking me to go to Lake Eola all week, which was weird because we hadn't gone in a while. We arrived at the park at 2 pm as things were finishing up at the famer's market. As I started to look through some of the stands Matt grabbed my hand and took me towards the far corner of the park. He wouldn't tell me where we were going! After a few minutes of walking and me pestering him with question we arrived at our destination--an open field and a special surprise....Chris P. Bacon-Pig on wheels!!! I don't know if you guys have heard of this handicapped pig or seen his Facebook page, but I'm absolutely obsessed with him. Matt knows this so a month ago he contacted his owner on Facebook (the owner is a vet and he lives in Florida) and planned a surprise visit for me to meet him! I was so shocked I started crying. It was incredibly thoughtful for Matt to do this and I couldn't believe I finally got to meet Chris P. Bacon. 


Matt recorded a video of us playing and feeding him cheerios--so not paleo.


 You can't really tell from the picture, but Chris P. Bacon was born with a birth defect that crippled his hind legs. He has a wheel chair to get around with, but he gets around really well without it.


I'm truly ashamed of my breakfast and definitely would have picked something else if I knew I was going to see Chris P. Bacon today! I adore pigs and it's not easy for me to eat them, but for now I want to heal so I will do what I feel is right for now.


 I didn't feel like juicing this morning so I picked up an ultimate greens juice from Whole Foods while I was shopping and snapped a quick selfie;)


 I made some curried chicken salad for lunch--I got the idea from The Autoimmune Paleo Protocol Cookbook, but I changed the recipe a bit. I really liked the idea of using coconut as a "mayo" base; I usually use nuts so it was a great substitute. 
I sipped on some homemade chicken broth on the way to the lake.


 After I got back from hanging with Chris P. Bacon I was very starving so I cooked up some butternut squash. My stomach felt fine, but I was a little itchy afterwards. This squash was not sweet whatsoever, it was quite tasteless to be honest--a little disappointing considering I LOVE SQUASH. I'm trying some GAPS diet friendly carbohydrates that The Paleo Mom recommends for people with SIBO.



In Cinco de Mayo fashion I made some guac for my boyfriend and I. 

Cinco de Mayo Guacamole 
por dos
1/2 chicken breast, shredded
1-2 avocados
1 small zucchini, blended
1/4 red onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
2 Tablespoons Lime juice
1/4 teaspoon salt

I blended the zucchini in a Vitamix and added the rest of the ingredients in a bowl and mixed them together with some love and Cinco De Mayo magic!

It was a fabulous Sunday funday, I honestly couldn't have asked for a better day. Matt earned a million boyfriend points today, what a great guy;)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love below.